|This article is about Basic Compartment in Subnautica. For the related article on the Below Zero Wiki, see I Compartment.|
The Basic Compartment is the most basic Seabase module. It is constructed with the Habitat Builder, and can be placed on top of a Foundation, although it is possible to build off the foundation. The Compartment module can be deconstructed, but all attached components on that single module must be deconstructed first.
At the surface, a Basic Compartment has a Hull Integrity level of 9 and every Basic Compartment added reduces the integrity by -1 level. During placement, it can be rotated using the mouse wheel by default.
- Hatches can be placed on the side-panels, the end-panels, and both the floor and ceiling.
- Windows can be placed on the side-panels, the end-panels, and the ceiling.
- Ladders can be placed on the floor and ceiling when there is an adjacent seabase module to connect.
- Reinforcements and Wall Planters can be placed on the side-panels.
- The Basic Compartment can be expanded with other modules from its two end-panels.
- Smaller components such as the Fabricator can be placed inside as well.