|This article is about the Crimson Ray. You may be looking for the Jellyray or Ghostray.|
In terms of body shape and size the Crimson Ray is identical to the Ghostray, however, it has major differences in coloration:
- The creature's body is opaque.
- The top side of the creature is predominantly dark red in color with a few lighter patches, whilst its underside is pale yellow in color.
- Its rows of gills emit a yellow, bioluminescent glow.
The Crimson Ray swims aimlessly around the Inactive Lava Zone and Lava Lakes in small or large groups. On occasion they can be seen swimming away from Lava Lizards. They will ignore the player as they glide gently through the lava zones.
Data Bank Entry
One of the largest rays on the planet, displaying generally docile behavior.
1. Thick Scaling:
2. Forward-mounted Eye Sockets:
- On Sketchfab the Crimson Ray is referred to as "Ghost Ray Opaque".
- The development name was Fire Ray.