|This article is about Gel Sack in Subnautica. For the related article on the Below Zero Wiki, see Gel_Sack.|
The Gel Sack is hemispheric in shape, and has a blackish green surface covered with thick, twisted ridges. Randomly scattered across its surface are protruding, bioluminescent purple spots.
Uses in CraftingEdit
Data Bank EntryEdit
These organic structures grow on cave walls. The purple sacks which arise from the surface contain a low-density gel laced with spores. These burst from time to time, floating towards the surface and attaching onto the next rock face they encounter.
While the gel sack is edible, its low-density renders it an invaluable advanced construction material.
Assessment: Edible - Aerogel construction applications
- The Gel Sack was originally called the Jelly Plant and the Spore Sack.
- Gel Sacks are unique among edible flora in that they will not rot and can be stored indefinitely.
- Gel Sacks produce the most energy in the Bioreactor of any marine flora.
- A good source of Gel Sacks used to be the Safe Shallows trench by the Aurora, but Gel Sacks have since been removed from that location.
- It is possible to harvest both seeds and the actual Gel Sack from one Gel Sack by only harvesting some of the Sack's available seeds and then collecting the Gel Sack. This is done by striking the Gel Sack twice with a survival knife, then harvesting the remaining Gel Sack.
- Due to the rarity of this material and the value it provides, it is recommended that a farm of this material is established.