The HUD (Heads Up Display) is a vital mechanic in video games, providing important information directly on the screen.
When the PDA is opened, the HUD will display numerical values in place of the icons, allowing players to track the exact amount of hunger they will gain from food, and how long they have until they must eat or drink.
The Toolbar is located in the bottom section of the HUD. Players may select which items are to be accessed via the Toolbar. There are five slots to use.
How to Use
- Open the PDA by pressing (Xbox One:, PlayStation 4:)
- Hover the mouse cursor over the item that is to be assigned to the Toolbar
- Press any key between 1 and 5 to assign the item to a slot
- Or alternatively drag and drop an item into a slot, which replaces the previous item assigned to the slot (if there was one)
- Close the PDA and press the correct key to equip the item assigned to that slot.