The Jukebox is an Interior Module that is in Below Zero. It allows the player to play music in their Seabase. Music can only be heard near the Jukebox, but can be carried to other parts of a seabase with the use of Speakers.
A Jukebox can also be found inside of the Seatruck Sleeper Module.
When built, one can insert music from their PC into the files of Below Zero, which in turn allows the Jukebox to play the applied music whenever the player desires.
Windows: C:\Users\%UserProfile%\Music\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica
OSX: Users/yourname/Music/Unknown Worlds/Subnautica
Only files that use the .mp3, .ogg, .wav, or .flac formats are supported. The game must be restarted for the Jukebox to recognize the files.
In addition to music the player manually adds to the Jukebox, there are Jukebox Disks located around the world that will unlock music tracks for the Jukebox from various fan music tracks. See the page for more information.
Note that, if the game is unable to create and access the folders mentioned above (ex., because filesystem permissions are restricted), there will be no error or warning message, but the jukebox won't work (it won't even play the game's own tracks).
- Randomly selects from music tracks
- Goes to the previously played music track
- Pauses the current track
- Stops all music
- Plays the next track
- Loops the currently playing track
- Bottom Bar: Controls the volume of the music
- Top Bar: Shows what time the track is at
- Refreshes the music playlist, and adds/removes any songs that have been added/missing to the folder
Data Bank Entry
Listen to soothing tunes by Alterra's best musical artists while you work.
|Source: Unlock the Jukebox|
Spoiler alert: The following section contains story related material.
- Sleeping or setting speed will not stop or skip the current song that is playing.
- The achievement may be a reference to the song Juke Box Hero by Foreigner.