|This article is about Large Resource Deposits in Subnautica. To see this subject's article on the Below Zero Wiki, click here.|
Large Resource Deposits are large quantities of a single Raw Material found in Subnautica. Unlike stone outcrops, the materials cannot be harvested by hand; instead they must be broken down using the Prawn Suit Drill Arm.
Types of Deposits
|Copper Ore||8 - 16|
|Gold||9 - 18|
|Kyanite||0 - 12 (Short)
0 - 22 (Tall)
|Lead||8 - 16|
|Lithium||8 - 16|
|Magnetite||7 - 14|
|Nickel Ore||8 - 16|
|Quartz||7 - 14|
|Salt Deposit||7 - 14|
|Silver Ore||9 - 18|
|Titanium||8 - 16|
|Uraninite Crystal||7 - 14|
Spoiler alert: The following section contains story related material.
- Kyanite is one of the few resources in Subnautica that is not guaranteed to eject smaller pieces when drilling chunks from a large node. This is not a bug.
- On the other hand, there is a 0.000000471431432% chance for a large Kyanite deposit to yield 22 Kyanite pieces.
- There are three Large Resource Deposit models that currently do not appear in Subnautica: the large Diamond, Ruby and Crystalline Sulfur deposits.
- However, the Large Ruby Deposit and the Large Diamond Deposit were repurposed for Subnautica: Below Zero.
- There used to be Large Resource Deposits of Diamonds generated on the map, before raw resources got new models.
- Over the course of the development of Subnautica, the models for Large Resourse Deposits have often changed.
- Large Silver Deposits have been found in the Jellyshroom Cave, but it is unknown if this is intentional or a bug.