The Moonpool is a Seabase module which is constructed with the Habitat Builder. It functions as a dock and charging station for a Seamoth or Prawn Suit and is the only room where the Vehicle Upgrade Console can be placed. It must be placed below water to be useful.
The Moonpool can dock one vehicle at a time, and is used by approaching the underside of the structure. Upon entering the access area, robotic arms will reach down and grab the vehicle out of the water, securing it for charging while a short animation plays of Ryley getting out of the vehicle. From here the player can access the vehicle's upgrade slots and any cargo storage (though not use the Repair Tool), or re-enter the vehicle upon which it is automatically released back into the water. They can also access a Prawn Suit's shoulder-mounted Power Cells, though they will have to jump into the water to access the Power Cell of a Seamoth.
The Seabase that the Moonpool is attached to must have power (except in Creative Mode) in order to dock vehicles. It can, however, release vehicles without power. Docked vehicles will be charged from the base's Energy, restoring an equivalent amount of Energy to the vehicle's Power Cells. The rate of charging at a Moonpool is much faster than if one were to use a Power Cell Charger: this means that docking a Prawn Suit and swapping out its two Power Cells (which the player still has full access to) is superior to building a Power Cell Charger.
It is recommended to have an appropriate amount of space between the bottom entrance of the Moonpool and the sea floor. It should ideally be built far enough off the seafloor that a Seamoth will not hit the ground when it is deployed, but close enough that a Prawn Suit can easily reach the entrance with its thrusters.
The Moonpool also allows the player to access their base from the water via two ladders on either end of the bottom entrance. This allows the player to freely exit and enter the Seabase outside their vehicle without needing to use a hatch.
If a moonpool is located next to another moonpool, a double connection is possible.
- Hatches can be placed on the side-panels.
- Windows can be placed on the side-panels.
- Reinforcements can be placed on the side-panels.
- Wall Planters can be placed on the side-panels.
- Basic Compartments can be placed on the side-panels.
- The Moonpool can be expanded with other modules from its six side-panels.
- The Vehicle Upgrade Console can only be constructed in the Moonpool on one of the side-panels.
- The Moonpool cannot be expanded vertically in any way.
Data Bank Entry
The moonpool is an essential module for long-term exploration. Its primary function is as a dry dock for small vehicles such as the Seamoth and Prawn suit.
The large central chamber contains a pressurized pool which provides ready access to the surrounding waters, and comes as standard with equipment for raising and recharging a vehicle.
When outfitted with a vehicle modification station the moonpool can be used to build and equip vehicle upgrades.
- Dimensions: 16m x 10m x 5m
- Entering a flooded base and exiting through a Moonpool with a Seaglide equipped will cause the player to swim at incredible speeds.
- Deconstructing a moonpool with a vehicle docked inside will cause the vehicle to teleport away