The Seabase that the Moonpool is attached to must have power in order to dock vehicles. It can, however, undock vehicles without power. Docked vehicles will be charged from the base's Energy, consuming the base's Energy to restore an equivalent amount of Energy to the vehicle's Power Cells. The rate of charging at a Moonpool is much faster than if one were to use a Power Cell Charger.
It is recommended to have an appropriate amount of space between the bottom entrance of the Moonpool and the sea floor. It should be built far enough so that a vehicle will not crash into the seafloor when it ejects, but close enough so that a Prawn Suit can easily reach the entrance with its thrusters.
The Moonpool also allows the player to access their base from the water via two ladders on either end of the bottom entrance. This allows the player to freely exit and enter the Seabase outside their vehicle without needing to use a hatch.
The Vehicle Upgrade Console can only be constructed in the Moonpool. It allows the player to customize their docked vehicle and fabricate upgrades for it, although all upgrades available through the Vehicle Upgrade Console can also be produced through the standard fabricator.
- Hatches can be placed on the side-panels.
- Windows can be placed on the side-panels.
- Reinforcements can be placed on the side-panels.
- Wall Planters can be placed on the side-panels.
- Basic Compartments can be placed on the side-panels.
- The Moonpool can be expanded with other modules from its six side-panels.
- If a Moonpool is placed horizontally adjacent to another Moonpool or a Large Room, a double connection is possible.
- The Vehicle Upgrade Console can only be constructed in the Moonpool on one of the side-panels.
Data Bank Entry
The moonpool is an essential module for long-term exploration. Its primary function is as a dry dock for small vehicles such as the Seamoth and Prawn suit.
The large central chamber contains a pressurized pool which provides ready access to the surrounding waters, and comes as standard with equipment for raising and recharging a vehicle.
When outfitted with a vehicle modification station the moonpool can be used to build and equip vehicle upgrades.
|Source: Unlock the Moonpool|