|This article is about Observatory in Subnautica. For the related article on the Below Zero Wiki, see Observatory.|
The Observatory is a Habitat Compartments module which is used to observe the ocean and life forms in their natural habitat.
The Observatory is constructed with the Habitat Builder, and can be attached to pre-existing base pieces, or built solely by itself.
A unique zen music soundtrack plays when inside the Observatory.
The Observatory is the only seabase module that is purely ornamental and thus does not serve any actual purpose beyond stationary sightseeing. This, coupled with its disproportionately high impact on hull integrity, makes it something of a luxury addition to well-armored bases in well-lit areas.
- Hatches can now be placed on the single side-panel, though the orientation of the module will apparently revert to the default when it becomes unattached from what it was previously built upon.
- Ladders cannot be placed on this module, though the central shaft on the floor suggests this was considered. It lines up well with the center height of a Multipurpose room place below it.
- Reinforcements cannot be placed on this module.
- The Observatory can be attached to another module via its single end-panel.
- The Observatory actually counts as its own biome in-game. This is most noticeable when in the Crater Edge, where upon entering the observatory, the Ghost leviathans will retreat and leave the player alone, as the player is no longer technically in the Crater Edge biome.