|This article is about Picture Frame (Below Zero) in Below Zero. For the related article on the Subnautica Wiki, see Picture Frame (Below Zero).|
The Picture Frame is a decorative Miscellaneous Item that is constructed with the Habitat Builder and placed inside a Seabase module. It allows Robin Ayou to display pictures that they have taken with their PDA. The Picture Frame can be set to display either a single picture or a slideshow.
How to Use
- Set up a photo shot.
- Press to take a picture.
- Face the Picture Frame and press . This will open the PDA to the "Photo Manager" tab.
- Select the desired photo and choose "upload." The photo will appear in the Picture Frame's display.
|Action||Mouse & Keyboard||Xbox One||PlayStation 4||Nintendo Switch|
|Take In-Game Photo||(Press)||(Press)||(Press)|
While the Picture Frame is intended to display screenshots taken in-game, the player can also have it display their own images.
To import a custom image, simply move the image into the game's screenshots folder. The folder's location is different depending on whether Subnautica: Below Zero is installed on Windows or Mac (see below). For the photo to fit in the Picture Frame properly, it must have a 16:9 aspect ratio (1920×1080 resolution, for example).
Once the player has imported their image, it will appear in-game in the "Photo Manager" tab of the PDA. The player can then display it on a Picture Frame the same way they would display an in-game screenshot.
On Windows, screenshot images are stored at:
- [Steam Folder]\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot(xxxx)\screenshots
- [Steam Folder]\Steam\userdata\172752304\760\remote\264710\screenshots
depending on which release the player has.
On Mac, the location is under the Steam game folder at:
- (Steam game folder)/steamapps/common/Subnautica/Subnautica.app/Contents/SNAppData/SavedGames/slot(xxxx)/screenshots
Note: Subnautica.app is the game application itself (this may be a bug and has been reported). To access the folder, right-click the app and choose "Show Package Contents."