The Spinefish is a small, passive subspecies of the Hoopfish. Its in-game description states that it uses its appearance to hide from predators by playing dead.
Like Hoopfish, Spinefish are cathemeral and easy to catch, having moderate Food values.
The Spinefish closely resembles a Hoopfish, with some notable differences:
- It has an almost translucent body, with many vertical stripes running along, capable of emitting a pale green glow. It also features small red spots around its eyes and near its tail.
- Its eyes are yellowish green in color, and its caudal fin is a dull red hue.
Uses in Crafting
Data Bank Entry
Small, school-mentality prey fish, closely related to the hoopfish.
1. Grey Coloration:
Assessment: Edible (low calorie count)
|Source: Scan Spinefish|
- Although the databank entry states that Spinefish plays dead by laying on the seabed, this behaviour is absent in-game.
- The databank entry also shows that the Spinefish is blind.
- it resembles a Dry Bones, an enemy found in the Mario series.
|Fauna living within Sector Zero|
|Scavengers & Parasites|