|This article is about the Survival Knife in Subnautica. To see this subject's article on the Below Zero Wiki, click here.|
|This article is about the Survival Knife. You may be looking for the Thermoblade.|
The Survival Knife's main function is to procure samples of certain Flora and corals, such as Creepvine Samples and Coral Samples. It can also be used as a weapon, but its damage and range are limited, and there is no real benefit to killing fauna in the first place.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Survival Knife to hit the Bleeder.
- Obraxis Prime is a reference to one of Subnautica's developers, Scott MacDonald, who goes by the alias of Obraxis.
- One upgrade that was intended for the Survival Knife included adding poison damage to the knife.
- There was originally a second upgrade for the Survival Knife, called the Hardened Blade, but it was removed when durability was removed.
- Survival Knife animations that were never implemented can be viewed here.
- The Survival Knife originally had durability, but it was removed due to it being deemed useless.
- The Survival Knife is capable of killing a Lava Lizard in ten slashes, whilst the Thermoblade is incapable of dealing damage to them.
- The Survival Knife was going to be crafted with 1 Metal (Metal was replaced by Titanium) and 1 Emery. The Emery was replaced with Silicone Rubber when it was cut.