The Waterproof Locker can only be placed in the water and cannot be placed in a Seabase. When dropped, it floats in the water similarly to the Beacon and can store up to sixteen items in a 4×4 space. It takes up a 2×2 space in the inventory. Once dropped, it cannot be picked up unless it has an empty inventory.
An editable label is located on the top of the Waterproof Locker. It can support up to ten characters.
It is useful for players who need extra storage, but have not yet built a Seabase or Cyclops.
If a player wishes to carry a locker with items in it, a Prawn Suit can be used to pack it up and place it into the Prawn Suits Storage. When in the storage it can be picked up when in storage, making the only way to carry a Waterproof Locker with items in it. The name on a Waterproof Locker will stay the same when it is picked up by the Prawn Suit and placed back into the water.
|Action||Mouse & Keyboard||Xbox One||PlayStation 4||Nintendo Switch|
|Access Locker/Edit Label/Pick Up|
- Place the Waterproof Locker anywhere by dropping it with the appropriate button.
- Press correct key while looking at the top of the locker to access the storage.
- Press correct button while looking at the label to edit the label. While editing, press on the colored dot to change the color of the label.
- Press the appropriate key anywhere else on it to pick up.
Note that the Waterproof Locker cannot be picked up if it has items inside of it unless if the player uses a prawn suit.
- The Waterproof Locker was originally the Small Storage Cube which was a storage item that had to be placed on the terrain in-game. Unlike its current form (the Waterproof Locker), it did not float.
- The Waterproof Locker originally took up 4×4 (16) spaces in the player's inventory before being changed to the current 2×2 (4).
- The Waterproof Locker can be pushed through the ground if placed too close to the seabed.