|This article is about the Wrecks. You may be looking for the Aurora or Destroyed Lifepods.|
The Wrecks are explorable pieces of debris from the Aurora. They have a wide range of sizes. Large Wrecks contain valuable technology in the form of Fragments and sometimes Data Boxes or Supply Crates, while Small Wrecks contain only a limited amount of fragments.
Note: Certain fragments or data boxes won't spawn if one has already obtained the Blueprints and didn't load the area/wreck/biome beforehand. This does not include miscellaneous or some decorative interior or exterior modules such as Plant Pots or Beds.
There are twenty-three Large Wrecks spread throughout the ocean at the beginning of the game. Each of them is surrounded by their local Flora and Fauna and possesses their own unique challenges. Many of them include sections that are only accessible with the Laser Cutter or a Repair Tool or require unblocking the passage blocked with Cargo Crates or other debris with a Propulsion Cannon. While each contains a unique set of fragments, there are common items found in many Wrecks, for example chairs and desks.
Large Wreck List
|-320 -57 252
|65 -25 385
|-40 -14 -400
|366 -6 -203
Small Wrecks, also known as Scatters, can be found surrounding the Large Wrecks. They can contain useful items and fragments.
|20 -10 300
|90 -20 120
|65 -10 -85
|-160 -20 -225
|175 -23 -253
|310 -23 -119
|165 -86 -520
|322 -90 222
|270 -85 70
|-370 -100 475
|-284 -93 606
|-520 -90 -215
|Ambient Sound 1|
|Ambient Sound 2|
|Ambient Sound 3|
|Ambient Sound 4|
|Ambient Sound 5|
|Ambient Sound 6|
|Ambient Sound 7|
- Wreck 1 (Grassy Plateaus) seemingly randomly plays a unique ambience track and sound effects which do not play in any other wreck while in the upper portion of the wreck. Entering the wreck through the ventilation duct on its western side seems to have a noticeably more common chance of making these ambient effects occur, although it can occur when entering from any entrance.
- If the ambience does happen to play, the game's command console will state the player is in a biome named "WreckInterior" rather than the normal "<biomename>_WreckInterior" that most wrecks show as your current biome when inside them.
- Wrecks 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 all share the same U-shape wreck model.
- Wrecks 1, 3, 8, 9 and 10 also share a similar model. The same goes for Wreck 18 and 20.
- There used to be 4 small wrecks scattered to the west of the Aurora that yielded only Supply Crates. These were removed at some point, and Supply Crates can be found across all of the Crash Zone as of now.
- Non-scannable Picture Frames are present in the second Bulb Zone wreck and the third Dunes wreck. It is unknown whether this is intended or not.
- Wreck 2 has a terminal that can be downloaded to your PDA, however, this terminal gives nothing of importance as it ends up spitting out a set of characters as if someone was smashing a computer keyboard.
- The Underwater Islands Wreck also has a data terminal, but still has no importance as it only gives what seems like a rule when working with Prawn Suits.
- Degasi Seabases are also classified as wrecks as confirmed by the Scanner Room.